Nominations for the 2018 Steamtown Music Awards will open March 1, 2018
The Steamtown Music Awards purpose is honor the best and brightest of the NEPA Music scene.
Steamtown Music Award Guidelines & Rules
- Nominations are accepted online. Fans, friends and family can nominate their favorite artist. New this year, artists can also nominate themselves.
- Judging consists of two independent voting committees
- 1 committee is comprised of local music industry professionals such as judges, journalists, radio professionals, booking agents, venue owners and seasoned veterans
- 1 committee is made up music industry professionals located throughout the country with no ties to North Eastern Pennsylvania
- A small handful of awards are voted on by the public. Voting takes place online and all possible attempts are made to prevent cheating. Those caught cheating or manipulating the system in any way will be disqualified.
- Nominees must hail from the area known as North East Pennsylvania. This is mostly defined by the area code 570. For example: The areas surrounding Scranton, Wilkes-Barre, Williamsport, the Poconos. Areas such as the Lehigh Valley, Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton are not eligible.
- How does voting work? Each member of the committee gets one vote. After reviewing the artists music, videos, performance history and impact on the NEPA music scene, nominees cast a vote. The nominee with the most votes wins.